Friday, September 24, 2010

Now you see 'em, now you doughn't

I am not really a doughnut girl but I have to say that the "famous" homemade doughnuts we had at Lola in Seattle are not your ordinary doughnuts. Our waitress suggested - rather insisted - that we order them with our breakfast.  So, we got one order to share between the four of us. Mistake. They were gone in about 2 seconds flat. Nothing can quite compare to these handmade doughnuts; airy, not too sweet and a perfect amount of sugared crunch with each bite. There are definitely no Kinks in these little guys. So, while I highly recommend the doughnuts at Lola when you are next in Seattle, I must caution against sharing - you absolutely must get your own order.

(Another attraction for me was the font - on the plate/logo. Seems to fit just right.)

Going
Going
Gone

And, speaking of doughnuts - I am so proud of my friend for publishing her first novel : Life, Death and Doughnuts. (It is her 5th book.) Yes, I am giving her a plug right here.


Please let me know if there are any other doughnuts that might compare to Lola's.

No comments:

Post a Comment