Friday, October 23, 2009

Don't Forget to Write!


The power of the written word is quite strong. Receipt of a recent note had me feeling joyful, fabulous and, oh so successful and appreciated for days. All those feelings came from just a few short words.

The young lady (I sound so old saying that!) who penned this note compared opening her very first blue Tiffany box (a gift we gave her - and yes, there was something inside) to witnessing her first snow. Well, ... WOW! How cool is that?!

Now, this fabulous girl loves nature, the earth, humanity, etc., so the particular words she chose really had impact. And, I could totally relate to what she said being both a Tiffany and snow lover myself.

Point here is that her written words had power. I am still smiling as I recall her words days later. A cookie cutter statement off a list of 5 different ways to say thank you just doesn't do the same thing.

And, check out the site of the London illustrator who "penned" the illustration above. http://www.henniehaworth.co.uk/objects

No comments:

Post a Comment