Monday, October 12, 2009

Mad Mac




Well, Paris did not go exactly as planned - in fact rather than watching Coco Before Chanel on the flight over, I should have watched Paris in 24 Hours because we had to fly home early - but all is fine now. http://video.yahoo.com/watch/140787/1703744.

C'est La Vie - we will try again in the Spring.

In the meanwhile, those 24 hours were great. One of the first stops (and yes, I know there were not many) was Laduree (www.laduree.com). My husband was sure it was a shop for soaps. But no, it is not; it is a patissier, a chocolatier, a place I was drawn to when I first spotted the window display (see above). And yes, there was really a line out the door. About $20 later we had a few ( really just a few - 4 to be exact) different flavors of the famous macaroons; red fruits, lemon, "pamplemousse" - grapefruit - which is my favorite. Great texture, color, flavor but I have to say I felt underwhelmed. Perhaps it was that we ate them out of a bag as we continued our walk through the streets. When we go back we will take our time, sit down and enjoy them with a little "cafe". Like many things, it is about presentation, about patience and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment