Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thoughts on Vancouver Frocks







Olympics! I love watching the Olympics. I love the Opening Ceremonies with all the pageantry, the excitement, the fanfare and the elaborate productions. I like to see all the smiles from around the world in one place; I find it contagious. And yes, I like to check out the outfits of the Olympians - I usually get most excited by the hats. One of my favorite hats this year is the one from Iceland - looks like mine above and one of the best hats ever is the hat worn by US Athletes in the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics - a blue beret by Roots.

Take a look at 50 or so different Opening Ceremony outfits from Vancouver - my favorite is Azerbaijan's - wild color palette and pattern. Is this a paisley or a fish? (You just might see something similar to this in an envelope liner very soon.) Also love the Bermuda shorts.

Query: what's up with those very puffy white skirts worn by the skater ladies on the sidelines in the stadium??!! (You can see the skater girls via the link above - go to Lithuania.)

No comments:

Post a Comment