Friday, May 14, 2010

It's A Wrap




Green, green, green. I am not talking about money or springtime or the reusable grocery bags we carry to the market. Nor am I talking today about handmade paper or invites made with or from pineapple leaves or 100% recycled materials. Instead, today I write about "eco-fabulous" fashion - something I get asked about from time to time. Specifically, I write of the wrap.

One of my favorite accessories is the scarf or the wrap. It is so versatile. Lisa Bittan, who happens to be a dear friend, with her partners in India, makes beautiful scarves for Ya Living. Her scarves are gorgeous, made of organic cotton, hand-loomed and dipped in healing herbs. I love that! I have a very long steel blue scarf with gold stripes. It can go around and around and around my neck. I think it helps with inflammation (like Advil only prettier and softer). The scarves are carried in several high end boutiques in Southern California and on the East Coast. Ya- Living is now also creating tunics and other green fab pieces. No, the scarves do not smell or taste like the herbs they are dipped in. Lisa will be here in New Hope in June. She is bringing a trunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment