Friday, July 16, 2010

So Salty



I love salt. I love crisp. So when the 2 are so beautifully blended together I am a happy camper. I was traveling across the country the last few days and, while waiting for my delayed flight in Phoenix,  I had the most fabulous fries. I can't remember the name of the place but it was right next to the Southwest gates. They were so perfect in fact that I didn't even realize my flight back into Burbank was more delayed than I thought and I could actually just jump on a flight to LA that was leaving in about 2 minutes and get to my husband a few hours sooner... Well, I had choices to make - I left my drink untouched but finished every last fry and made the flight. Happy camper. Happy Hubby.

Another great way to enjoy salt is the following, made with organic English cucumbers and smoked hickory salt - easy, crisp and refreshing:
1. slice the cucumber into 1/4-1/2 inch think circles
2. put on tray and sprinkle with hickory salt.
Done.
See easy step by step below...



Think you can do that?

And, thinking of salt -
Salted paper photographic prints are pretty cool to look at if done well. (Visit salted paper images on flickr.) Invented by a British photographer around 1840 and used primarily until around 1860 or so, the process uses a salt solution on paper whereby the resulting image is embedded in the paper instead of on it and the images are usually lacking in crisp detail, which I think creates the beauty in them.

2 comments:

  1. hi jackie
    we loved your french fry story and we had a similar experience here at bouchon.
    xoxo brian and ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Brian and Ellen - i'll have to go there too!

    ReplyDelete