Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School Lunches and Love Notes :)














And, it's back to school! Did I say "finally"? Just kidding. I could go another few months at least. But now that we are back to school I will be packing my kids' lunches pretty much everyday. I like to know what they are eating. They joke that "losers" take the bus and bring their own lunches but they rarely forget to grab it on the way out.

Truth be told, it would save $ if I let them buy lunch tomorrow but until our school lunch offerings change ala the "Renegade Lunch Lady" (/www.chefann.com/blog/ ), my girls will be schlepping their reusable soft colored bags (no vinyl or pvc used) and my son will take recycled paper brown bags (not great as they end up as trash). Our goal is also to have the lunches contain as much nutritious, locally grown food and "non-waste" materials as possible. To be sure, any notes I might embarrass them with will be written on pretty, recycled stationery/papers!

All in favor of updating The Child Nutrition Act and giving our kids real food raise your hand!


No comments:

Post a Comment