Friday, October 1, 2010

The Town



So last weekend we went to the movies, Wall Street and then The Town. Wall Street was good but The Town, well, it was amazing - to me, one of the best of 2010. Aside from more screen time for Jon Hamm (a yummy Mad Man) there are so many reasons to see this #1 movie. Ben Affleck gives a  terrific performance in addition to directing this Heist flick.  Jeremy Renner (from The Hurt Locker) is so intense and when he is on screen you cannot take your eyes off of him and Blake Lively is an out of character surprise too; really the entire cast is wonderful. The lead female actress reminds me so much of a girl I worked with way back when - Emily M. - that I don't even want to remember that her name is actually Rebecca. I loved the story telling (1 small leap of faith I did need to make near the beginning of the movie), love the gritty cinematography, and I found the note at the end of the movie referencing the majority of law abiding citizens of The Town especially thoughtful.

Plus, the bank robber masks are a shoe in for Halloween. Like a hybrid between a mutant ninja turtle and a nun.

No comments:

Post a Comment